Friday, August 22, 2008

Winding Down

Yesterday, a reflective mode/mood has begun to emerge. The three weeks we have been here seemed to have passed so quickly. As I think about and reflect on my experiences here, I realize that I am still processing many aspects of these experiences and will continue to do so for the upcoming weeks, months perhaps even years. On the other hand, my wife said that I would return from this trip a different person and I already sense that she was right. Germany has proven to be more interesting than I imagined and I have only seen a small portion of the country. I hope to return for another visit in the future.
Tonight is the closing program for Sommerkurs. We will have a dinner and each class of Sommerkurs will perform a presention that they have chosen. Our class will stage a performance of the Grimm brothers story "The Three Little Pigs" (in the German language of course). It really is pretty funny and I am playing incidental music on guitar. The rehearsals have been a whole lot of fun and a good way finish the course.
Although I am sad that Sommerkurs is coming to an end, and, that we must leave Germany, I am very excited return home again to see my wife. Participating in this study abroad program has exceeded my expectations. I am truely grateful for this experience.

No comments: